1750 head gasket replacement, Berlina mods, Hero worship (cult of personality? whatever)

Ladies, Gentlemen (and Fred),

Disconnecting the FI lines at the pump and pulling the head with the intake
manifold in place is a great way to deal with headwork on a spica car, even if
you are going to remove the manifold from the head anyway. It is easier to do
that on the bench, and to reattach it to the head before you put the head back
on the car. Get an extra set of hands involved with the on and off maneuver.

Regarding Berlina suspension mods, this is how mine is set up, and I love it:
Shankle street springs (the 15% stiffer ones, and they happen to be the old
silver ones if that makes any difference)
-shimmed so that the lower A-arms are parallel to the ground
Adjustable upper arms, Polyurethane caster bushings
Koni shocks, not adjusted except for wear (fronts happen to have polyurethane
lower eyelet bushings)
Heavy duty rear swaybar, Ward and Dean, I believe it is 16mm
Heavy duty front swaybar, 1 1/8" although not much different than the 1 1/16"
that I removed and put on my spider
-also possibly Ward and Dean, but I'm not sure, looks stock but bigger
Pirelli P-6 tires, 195-60/14 on Turbinas
-Previously, and better: Pirelli P-6 tires, 185-65/15 on SAAB steel 15x5.5"
wheels, with a 1/4" shim behind each. Wheels must have center hole enlarged by
a few mm to fit on hub. The small diameter stainless hubcaps (the ones that
are held on by lugnuts) will fit on these wheels

Also: this is a '71 Berlina with a slightly hotted up 2 liter engine, 4:10
rear end, a ZF steering box, and an electric radiator fan that I can't believe
I waited 12 years to install

Recent ugliness: Someone on here recently asked a legitimate question, and
someone else on here took a dump all over him. And that's OK with some of you?
Some of you want to defend that? I don't care who anybody is, much less who
they think they are, rudeness and nastyness are not necessary here. That
wasn't bluntness, and it wasn't educational. It sure sounded loudmouthed and
mean spirited to me.
Hey Fred, you want to put someone down for using email to ask for help
diagnosing a noise? It was OK for you to assume the question must have been
based on lazyness, cheapness, and stupidity then, right?
You want to call someone lazy, stupid, and cheap when you can't afford to be
friendly, or even polite?
You want to act like that publicly and then suggest that anyone who'd like to
comment should do it privately?
Huh.
I roll my eyes, I shake my head, I blow a long, loud raspberry in your general
direction

Nick Leppert
Always Looking For Another