GTV6 Ball Peen Special being unBall Peened!

It's OFFICIAL!! - the hail damage on the (low mileage) '83 GTV6 "Ball Peen Special"
will soon be removed and the "Ball Peen Special" will be returned to its previous
splendor. But, please don't tell Rich Welty that I won't be able to compete for the
"bottom-of-the-barrel" concours since I know he's hard at work preparing his GTV6 to
whip me again!

Thanks to an unfortunate "blunder" by my (non-Alfa) mechanic - he backed into the front
of the car with a pickem-up truck having the usual cast iron bumper w/trailer hitch
while it was waiting to have the oil and filter changed - a complete "reconstruction"
of the skin of my beloved GTV6 by the best available body shop in the area (65 miles
away) will only cost me $1600. (In my mechanics defense, he had his shop robbed of many
tools the day before and was still in shock from that. He felt worse about the incident
than I did, but I do tend to make the best of a bad situation. He's more thrilled than
I that the whole body of the GTV6 is being returned to [what is hoped to be] as good as
new. Yes, he's still my non-Alfa mechanic and we're still friends.) Now, if he was to
sit in the driver's seat with a sharp screwdriver in his back pocket, I could have it
recovered at his expense! :-o

I also want to publicly thank fellow Digester David Johnson for his help in providing
(at a very fair price) the necessary parts, mostly made of unobtainium, to complete the
repair to the front end.

'nardo
'83 GTV6 with last recorded mileage of 390,212 (s)miles