Question on breather

     Another question as I learn about this 73 Alfa Spider........
  This engine has been converted to Webers. On the top of the engine, at the
front right corner, there is a little filter plugged onto a beather of some
sort. My filter plugs right onto a little nipple, coming straight off the
valve/cam chain cover, with a vacuum hose that comes off just underneath the
filter. In pictures, I see more hardware there than I have........hardware
that makes a 90 degree turn to the rear before the filter is plugged onto it.
What is this, where does the vacuum tube go, and am I missing an important
piece?
    Thanks in advance!
          randy