Re: 1750 Head Gasket

At 03:00 PM 5/27/02 -0400, you wrote:
>Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 01:52:55 -0400
>
>I have to replace the head gasket on my 71 Spider.  I'm leaking oil near
>number 4 exhaust port.  Centerline and IAP don't mention the brand they
>supply,  are there any brands to avoid?  The last time I changed one was
>in 1976 and I recall that Reinz was the one to use.  Also Is there a
>teflon type valve stem seal available that will work on the 1750 head?
>
>Dick Stachowiak
>71 Spider
>71 GTV

Dick

What you want is a Alfetta Gt head set. Unless something weird is being
done in the States it should have the Reinz headgasket and teflon valve
stem seals. Remember to use alternative o-rings and not the ones supplied
with the set.

Ciao

Les Singh  in Wellington where the sun is shining and the Dalai Lama is
speaking
... meanwhile in Auckland .. Bill Clinton last night launched the new 7
series .. $800 ticket entry...  huh?? !