June Velocissima is now online!

Hi gang -

Well, the June edition of Velocissima (the New England AROC newsletter) is a heady one, and is now available at http://www.velocissima.com. This year's AROC-CT Alfa Romeo track weekend at Lime Rock on April 26-27 was rather eventful for many of our AONE members. There were highlights, such as the return of Brian Shorey's Mortimer to the racetrack, and lowlights, such as Gene Durso's unfortunate encounter with an earthen berm and Mortimer's blown head gasket. It was a wild and woolly affair, starting with the ride out the Mass Pike on Thursday night through a blizzard accompanied by a hailstorm.

Rather than report on these episodes in the usual manner, we've asked the AONE participants (all nine of 'em!) to tell their own stories. There are lots of fine photos and even a video clip of a couple of AONE Alfas tearing nose-to-tail through the fabled esses. This all adds up to a...

Lime Rock Special Issue!

* Events - Two big June happenings!
- Italian Car Day at the Museum of
Transportation coming up on June 2
- AONE to sponsor the First Annual Italian
Car Show at the High Hopes Hot Air
Balloon Festival on June 16
* Wild Weekend - Stories straight from the
drivers' pens, with photos of the eventful
AROC-CT track weekend - a copious amount of
Alfa Romeo war stories by our AONE members
* The Club Store - Now you can order all of the
AONE goodies online!
* Classified Ads - The most activity in
several years!

If any of you are in the neighborhood, make sure that you don't miss this Sunday's Italian Car Day at the Museum of Transportation in Brookline, MA -- it'a always a marvelous event, a classic. And the same holds true for the AONE-sponsored Italian Car Show at the High Hopes Hot Air Balloon Festival on June 16 -- sign up online at http://www.velocissima.com/highhopes! It promises to be a fun affair, and all proceeds are donated to a very worthy charitable cause.

Dave Pratt
AONE Webmaster --