car disc & un*x?

i just unearthed my CarDisc for the GTV so i could look up some things, and
out of reflex put it in the cdrom drive on my laptop -- which doesn't run
windows.

the cd is basically a great steaming heap of bmp images with some software
that ties it together. does anyone know of any software for un*x/linux/*bsd
that would allow me to browse disk on a system of that type?

if it's not there, i may roll something to access it in java, as i don't
always have a windows box around.

richard