Re: Alfetta Rear Engine Mount - Help!

A propane torch makes it a lot easier to remove, and a combination of the torch and freezing the new mount help it back in (freeze it overnight). I found that 2 old big end bearing caps welded together are almost the same diameter as the mount, and make a reasonable spacer for pressing. Last time I used this method with a big G clamp without too much hassle.

Josh