Re: alfa-digest V8 #970

Both my pre-rubber bumper US spec MY'73 2000 Berlinas have the "shelf". I removed that ugly thing when I painted my red Berlina, then moved up the license plate so it was centered between the taillights on the horizontal plane and used those "bullet" license mounting screw/lights for license illumination. Much cleaner look!

73 AR3001586, built 6/73, screw on cap, large gas tank ~ 14.5 gallons
73 AR3001896, built 8/73, screw on cap, large gas tank ~ 14.5 gallons

Both my MY'73 GTVs also had the shelf. Again, on the GTV driver, I removed the ugly thing and moved up the license plate to center between the taillights in the horizontal plane. Much less cluttered, particularly w/o the bumper.....

73 AR3022291, built 8/73, screw on cap, large tank ~ 14.5 gallons (driver!)
73 AR3022411, built 8/73, screw on cap, large tank ~ 14.5 gallons (new parts acquisition)

//KCT, Powell, TN

On the discussion of when US GTVs and Berlinas transitioned from license
lights in the bumper to license lights in the "shelf" above the license
plate, I have some evidence that it was before the 1974 model year for both
cars.   <snip>

Could owners of pre-rubber bumper US 2000 Berlinas let me know whether their
car has the shelf?  Thanks

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register