replacing the trunion bushings

I am trying to replace the trunion bushings on my 73
gtv but I cannot for the life of me get the bolt on
the differential to clear the trunion.  The most
annoying part is that it's soooo close... All I need
is for the axle to move another 10mm to the right...
The driveshaft is still attached to the differential
and the axle is held in place by the limit straps.  I
refrained from unbolting the driveshaft in fear that
the differential might tip forward, strain the brake
hose and make a mess emptying its contents.

Any suggestions?? Should I just unbolt the driveshaft?
 Will that be enough?

Also, while on the topic of bushings.... Can anyone
suggest a good way of pressing the rear sway bar link
bushing onto the swaybar that doesn't involve a shop
press?  I got it all the way flush with the end of the
sway bar but I need to move it in a couple more mm...

Thanks in advance,
Vangelis
HotJobs - Search Thousands of New Jobs
http://www.hotjobs.com