Re: was Alfetta Lust...now GTV6 bumpers

Steve wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> Boy, you guys are sharp! I wondered if anybody would notice these slight
> incongruities. I flipped the "passanger side" picture so they could easily be
> compared. Were you the same guy that was asking about the mirror gaskets a couple
> weeks ago on the digest?

dat's me!

> Er no you can't have em, at least not till I replace them with chrome talbots or
> spider mirrors. I only had em off to stop the rust that was forming underneath the
> top mirror bolt (another gtv6 "improvement").

Ah, so there is some small ray of hope! :-)

> While on the subject of gtv6 cladding, did you see Sports Car Market's explination of
> their Collectibility ratings in their Pocket Price Guide? The rating for Teir C,
> which is where they rated the gtv6, was "Cars that have some interest, but had few
> speacial or desireable characteristics. Examples are Porche 914, the Saab Sonet II or
> the Triumph TR4". Given the greatness of the gtv6 in my mind, I'm led to think that
> its the 80's cladding and cheapy interior plastic that keeps it from having the
> appeal that a pure Bertone car (such as the gtv) enjoys. Certainly the rest of the
> car is up to snuff with higher tiered cars.

No argument here.

I don't place the SCM on such a "high shelf" as some folks do. It's just one of many
opinions regarding "value" of a given vehicle. We each have our own likes and dislikes.
For example, when I first saw the Alfetta GT in the showroom it made me gag! Don't ask
me why, it just did. Over time I came to appreciate the Alfetta GT for what it was, not
how it looked. I found this to be true of the GTV6 as well. But I seemed to like the
"tarted-up" version of the Alfetta GT, the GTV6 better than it's older "sibling."

When I bought the GTV6 (new of course - i'm sooo cheap! :-) ) I told many folks the
beauty of the car was best "seen" from behind the wheel, not from lookin' at the skin
and its "adornments." And, you know what, I still feel that way, except now the GTV6
looks FANTASTIC to me. It just had to grow on me. The Alfetta GT, you ask? I would
never kick one outa the garage, but my GTV6 keeps from from goin' out and gettin' one,
and now they look better every time I see one.

'nardo
83 GTV6 w/391,886 (s)miles at the moment - MINE!
69 GTV sleeping - HERS!
91 164S - HER "driver" but not daily. The luxury Alfa for heavy travel

(Yep, she owns more Alfas than I do, and is d^mn proud of it!)