Sunday in Monterey

I went to the Monterey Historics Sunday and marveled at how empty the Alfa
Corral, and the track in general, was.  Not a lot of folks there. Was
Saturday busier?  I think Sunday had the better cars on the track, including
Jon Norman's Trans Am GTV as the only Under-2.5 Trans Am Alfa there, running
with a herd of BMWs, Mustangs, Camaros, Javelins, etc.  And in the
late-50s/early 60s GT cars, several SZs (seriously loud), two Sprint
Speciales, and several GTZs in another class.  Plus my son's dentist in a
real red 911R (glad I could help pay for it).

At the Alfa corral, sedans lovers were mollified by Dave Ritter's very nice
Giulietta TI from LA, and an original-owner (Dave?) Giulia TI from the South
Bay.  Both great cars. Also a few Milanos, 164s, and one Alfetta sedan.
Joined by a couple Montreals and a GTA.  A nice day, but pretty deserted for
Monterey.  What gives?

It sure is great to see, on the way home stuck in traffic with the rest if
us for viewing pleasure, a Lamborghini 400GT, a GTA, innumerable Porsches,
Ferraris, Panteras, etc. on 101.  Cool.

Andrew Watry
Berlina Register