Superchargers (on a 3.0 Spider?)

In #1062 Mark Manley includes a URL of a supercharged 3L Spider.

As I'm waiting for it to download, I'm thinking, 3 liters is too much
for a Spider, let alone with a supercharger. Yeah I know, the Alfa
hot-rod set might disagree. Then lo and behold was a very nice looking
2000 (as in year) Alfa Spider I'm embarrassed to admit I did not know
existed. I'm aware of the swoopy one with the V6 and thought that was
the current Euro one.

I loved the little doors. Might well be as rewarding as watching the
lovely lass with short skirt, raise knees, and skoot over onto the seat
of your Gullwing. Funny how guys can be such gentlemen when (at least
temporarily) being one allows us to gaze upon a delightful design no
computer could ever fully duplicate.

A bit bulbous (the car). I still prefer Autocar's artist's version of
Pininfarina's 2004 Alfa Spider (shown on my site), but this one isn't
bad.

SPEAKING OF SUPERCHARGERS: Did'ja notice in the Aug. 26 issue of
AutoWeek, the AMG Mercedes-Benz SL55 has a supercharger in the crotch of
the V8 (rather than a pair of tubos)? "The belt-driven, Teflon-lined
Lysholm screw-type supercharger that lives between the cylinder banks of
this 5.5 liter model spins to 23,000 rpm and produces 30% more boost
than other belt-driven designs....Result: 91 Hp per liter...".

Sounds delicious.

Then there's an ad for the Jaguar S-type R. Of course it's supercharged.

Under GM's future plans page there's a comment about the Pontiac
Solstice 'roadster' and coupe with a supercharged V6 engine and
all-wheel drive.

Funny, except in the rear racer boy section of the magazine, don't even
recall any mention of turbos.

Just thought I'd mention it,

Biba
Irwindale (where Labor Day means you get to work Extra Hard), CA USA