Re: Auxiliary Cooling Fan

The auxiliary fan is really meant to help the AC at low or stop-and-go driving conditions and has nothing to do with coolant temp. Its sensor is a small "thingy" located on the RHS of the engine bay and mounted (usually) to the radiator shroud. You shouldn't ever see the coolant temp. get that high (200 deg) unless there is a problem somewhere else. I drove in to Needles. CA with an ambient temp. of 115 deg., AC on and climbing a long grade and never got higher than 185-190 deg. in my 1987 Spider Veloce.
John Cecil
<jcecil@domain.elided>
<jcecil66@domain.elided>