RE: 'Not going to pay a lot for this thermostatic actuator

> Looks like I need a TA for the 79 Alfetta.  IAP quotes $185
> plus a $100 core deposit.  Why do these things cost so much?
> Anyone know of more reasonable sources?

Why do they cost so much?

Relatively low sales into a limited initial target market (US only) for
a 7 year duration which ended 25 years ago.  Quite frankly, we're lucky
we can get these things at all.

Save your cores folks, once they're gone I don't think anybody's going
to rush into the business of reproducing them.

As for more reasonable sources, you could take your chances with a used
one (APE), or go directly to one of the folks who do the rebuilding for
IAP - There are advertisers in the Owner, I think Ingram does them too.
Cost is around $149 - $169 IIRC.

bs