Re: Camshaft Vent Question

If you remove the cam vent hose, you're a) leaving the insides of the
cambox open to dirty air (drive through a dust cloud or down a dirt
road and the cambox is full of grit), b) you're expelling oil vapor and
crankcase fumes into the engine bay and the air.  The hose is supposed
to allow crankcase vapors to be re-ingested by the engine to be burned.
The little barrel near the radiator is an air/oil separator.

You can solve a) by installing a small filter onto the cambox fitting.
This will help b) to some degree, as well.  I missed the beginning of
this, but I presume you're switching to Webers with no airbox, or an
airbox that doesn't have the right fitting.  You'd do the air a favor
by plumbing the line from the air/oil separator into the air filter for
the Webers.

james montebello