From: George Graves [mailto:gmgraves@domain.elided]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 1:23 AM
To: alfa@domain.elided
Subject: Re: Who wants a new Alfa?

It may well be against the law in California too. But I know a number
of people with Milanos (V-6 75s) and early 164s who's antilock brake
mechanisms have become faulty and do not seem to respond to being
fixed. These people have had no alternative but to remove the anti-lock
bits. Since we don't have anything in California even remotely akin to
the British MOT exam, people's cars are NEVER tested by the state (or
the Feds, for that matter) for any road-worthiness issues. When I used
to live in Virginia many years ago, they had state road worthiness
inspections EVERY SIX MONTHS, but I don't know if they still do it. But
I suspect many states do.

George Graves