RE: 10 year old anti-lock brakes

In my experience, this is not as broad of a problem as has been stated. It
does seem that many Milanos have ABS issues over time. But, BMWs have had
ABS since around 1985, and the BMW list does not have the discussion of how
to disable or fix it that the Alfa list does. I have a 10 year old 325i
which has perfectly functioning ABS.

Maybe this becomes a problem in 20 years, when the electronics modules are
NLA and not really fixable in the way that Wes Ingram can rebuild a SPICA
pump. But it is not an endemic problem at least in the BMW world (yet).

Greg

>>Anti-lock braking has been
around long enough now, for us to see that while it works very well
when new, on cars 10 years old or so, it becomes dangerous, and most
people end up having to disable the feature.<<