RE: Smith-Sedon Showdown

> Whether a C5 Corvette or a 1972 Pantera is a worthwhile car to other
> Alfa Digesters,  is beyond me....
>
> But if it could be arragined,  I would love to see Michael Smith in
his
> fav Corvette and of course,  Duggie,  in his Pantera,  and please
Doug,
> with the soon to be but not yet upgraded 500 bhp plus Fordo motor,  on
> racetrack,  Summit Point would do just fine,  and let them have at it.

> We could video the whole thing and then maybe that might settle
something for
> them.

A modern Vette would dust the vintage Pantera.  I suspect that a stock,
out of the box 164 would also go faster than a stock, out of the box
Pantera on any racing venue that doesn't involve just straight lines.

My question is this - the Pantera had some 'documented', 'well known'
flaws in the design of the suspension, which resulted in some quirky
handling characteristics, IIRC.

So, is it better to have a modern FWD car, or a vintage RWD car that
doesn't handle well?

Dug?

bs