Re: 164 a sports sedan? Torque steer not LS

Michael:

Probably under 2900 lbs is a major requirement for a Sport Sedan? Uh and
sportiness too!

The 164 LS and (Q tho I have no personal Experience) has no torque steer
due to redesign of the front suspension.

Our automatic LS tracks straight as it shifts, even at full throttle.
Our '91 L automatic will if only if a firm grip is kept on the wheel;
but you can feel the pull. I would not rev our '91 L to a full throttle
acceleration run in the rain. It would not be controllable (by me?) Have
driven a few examples of 5 speed 164 L' and Base models. The standard
applies the power much more strongly and I have been surprised by the
violence of the torque steer.

I took the '91 to the Baltimore AROC convention and did the driving
school event at the West Virginia Race track. Fun, the car was quite
controllable. Again, probably the automatic moderates the amount of
power laid down? But, I did find that I really didn't like those 100+
speeds. I have trouble concentrating & my mind wanders.

I have also autocrossed our L, LS and now our Automatic spider. Just put
the car in first and modulate with the accelerator and the brakes<g>.
Most of the autoX's are too slow to get out of first gear. I'd say both
the L and LS are "sporty" sedans. Yeah, I love the luxury too!

Best Wishes,
Bernie Bennett

'91 164 L    \\\\
'92 Spider Veloce  >>> Three automatic Alfas
'94 164 LS   ////