Re[2]: fuel filters part two

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:47:57 -0600 "Stephen D. Thompson" <thompsonlaw@domain.elided> wrote:

> > the fool pickup is generally on one side or the other. it should be
> fairly
> > predictable that in low tank conditions, fool slosh should cause
> > intermittant outages in certain cornering attitudes.

> My 76 Alfetta GT used to do this every track day toward the end of the
> day
> at SIR (Seattle International Raceway, now called something else).  It
> did
> it particularly on turns 3A and 3B, a very tight right decel then left
> hard
> accel section before the back straight.

this is why racers with actuall budgets will do things like run multiple
pumps and pickups and install surge tanks inside their fuel cells.

you may also see similar effects on oil pressure in long sweepers, which is
why racers like dry sumps when they're legal, and use things like accusumps
when dry sumps are not legal.

richard