1750 mystery coolant leak

Gentle Alfisti,
Today after a vigorating romp over the causeway, I smelled sweet wafts of
coolant in the cockpit of my spider. This has happened before, and there was
evidence of a leak, but I was never able to track it down, as it was
intermittent. Today I reached over the cam cover from the exhaust side to run
the throttle up a little to see if I could get a clue, and alas, the front
cover gasket was failing, pissing a perfect stream of prestone directly at
the back of the alternater. This only happened when the revs were up above
idle. What an insidious failure!  My task load now involves yanking the
motor, unless anyone out there has a better idea. "Leak-stop"? "A raw egg"?
Thanks, Digest.
Modelle in Somers Point