Re: That '70s thing

Gordy wrote:
Shoot, I always figured that it was because the Vietnam era folks went to Europe, found how real cars were made and brought one home with them OR went to VN and came home w/ a bundle of MPC that they converted to foreign sports cars. I know I did, and there are some real nice GTVs in the NWARC that were obtained the same way.

That pretty much describes me. When I returned from my tour in Germany I smuggled a '68 1750 GTV home with me. It was probably the only one in the USA since that was the "illegal" year between Webers and Spica. Sadly, rust finally got it and it ended up being parted out. I've owned an ALFA of one sort or another since that time. Before that I thought all real cars were British.

John Brase
'84 GTV6 (in the paint shop)