1750 differential

I just bought a 1970 Euro 1750 spider parts car. The axle ratio is 4.1:1.
There is an easy way to find out what you have:
Jack up one rear wheel. Position yourself so that you can see the flange at
the rear of the prop shaft. Turn the rear wheel exactly 5 revolutions and
count how many flange nuts go past a fixed point. Divide that number by 10
and you have the ratio.

And now a question for the experts. In the Autobooks manual for 1962-1978
Giulias, is the following - "The propeller shafts on vehicles equipped with
limited slip differentials cannot be turned with only one wheel clear of the
ground as with conventional differentials." It goes on to warn about driving
the car off the jack stand if the prop shaft is forced to turn with one
wheel on the ground. Both my 1973 GTV and my 1979 spider allow the prop
shaft and the raised wheel to spin freely. Are my LSD differentials now
unlimited slip or is the book incorrect?

Ed Prytherch

"Anne O"  wrote
>Next transplant candidate-the differential from a 70 Euro 1750
into a 84 Spider. Does anyone know definitively the ratio of
the 1970 1750 Euro GTV?Is it easier to swap out the entire rear
suspension? To the best of my knowledge,the transmission is a
straightforward swap-opinions?