re: Warm up procedures

> Depends on how old the car is. Modern fuel injected engines with synthetic
> lubricants require no warm up before driving. However, no engine should be
> asked to work hard or rev high until it has reached a reasonable temperature.

Michael, did you not just contradict yourself?

Seems to me any engine (well, maybe I should say 'dry sump' comes to
mind) that has sat for a time might not have a good coating of lubricant
on the moving parts. Ergo "warm up".

I've only driven one car that doesn't need a warm up. An electric car. The
lubricant for that engine is rated 3w9 or some insanely low number.

Tess
a chappette NOT