Help, Lug Nuts Came Loose While Driving

I just installed a set of refinished Turbina's with new Dunlop Sport
A2's on my Spider tonight. The wheels were in good shape, and were
painted just to spruce them up.  I took it out for a test drive and
after about 5 miles of spirited driving I started getting a pretty
significant vibration.  I pulled over to find that the lug nuts on the
drivers front wheel had come loose.  This is a 71 Spider that has late
style long wheel studs.  I had installed new lug nuts that I got from
NAPA, and although I didn't use a torque wrench to tighten them,
shouldn't have come loose.  I've been putting wheels on for 35  years
and never had one come loose till now.  So my question is what
happened?  Could the Turbina's require a special taper on the lug nut?
Should they require a higher torque?  I'm getting the car ready for the
central New York Italian Car Cruise this weekend and either need to get
this resolved, or I'm going to have to put the original steel wheels
with crappy old tires on before my wife will get back in the car.  Also
any recommendations for tire pressure for 195-65-14 Sport A2's?

Dick Stachowiak

71 Spider
71 GTV