'84 spider air grating - re-assembly

I recently repaired the wiper linkage on my '84 spider
and now have to put everything back together.

when I removed the window trim and  grating with the
support - the area under the window trim was packed
with something that resembled silicon sealer.
There were rubber trim under the edges of the body
panel that the air grating attaches to.

so, my questions

1. there are 10 retaining clip, the shop manual show 3
retaining clips holding the window trim on each side -
are the other 2 per side for the body panel ?

2. is the sealer necessary ?

3. what is the inner diameter of the washer hose ?

4. is there supposed to be some rubber trip on each
side of the panel - the sections I have definitely are
not original equipment.

thanks  - I hope to put this back together for the
weekend.

Mario Pinto