164 knocking in front, Mosko

Mark,

If your cars are like mine, it is when you back up from a driveway or
likewise... I am told it is the front wheel bearing housing moving slightly
in the hub. Annoying but harmless. Only solution is to locktite the unit
into the hub, which might make a hassle if you have to remove it later. I
am referring to a sharp knock, once, during a turning reverse. Very common,
most 164s I have owned (6) have this quirk. Autos and sticks both do it.

Bill Harkell
AlfaBill LLC
Tampa Florida USA
http://alfabill.com