RE: ADMISSION -nac (nac)

>> do we have any ex-vega owners here?

I never owned one, but I borrowed a college roommate's vega
once to drive home and back one weekend. Since the round trip
covered approx 700 miles, he warned me to top up the oil at
every gas fillup.  Before I could complain about having to buy
oil he told me not to worry as he carried a case of oil in the
trunk at all times.

I thought he was a bit paranoid, but that thing did in fact
consume one quart of oil for each tank of gas.  He knew the vega
was junk, but I couldn't get over how he used to kid me about
the X1/9 that I had just purchased. The X ran for 20 more
years, and was still running well when I junked it (rust).