re: 1.8 turbo in a 74 spider???

Joe Elliott said:
> This is what I've been advocating all along.  I'm told the putting a  TS
> in a Spider involves a hood clearance problem, which the 1.8T
> wouldn't have--the head is just like any other 1750, except it has a
> fairly shallow bit of intake plumbing running over it in the stock
> installation.  Of course a modern supercharger and modern EFI a la
> Biba's musings will get you better performance, but I still think  this
> is a great idea for those on a budget.  In fact, this is (in my
> opinion) the engine that Alfa should have put in the later Spider
> Veloces to stay ahead of the Miata.  Of course 160 turbocharged
> horses vs. the 148 normally-aspirated horses of the TwinSpark is a
> matter of taste, but the way I see it, no one has any experience
> working on the TS in this country.  The 1.8 Turbo, however, is just a
> 1750 with some generic '80s turbo hardware on it.  You could probably
> get these engines for a lot cheaper than that eBay auction, however.  I
> know my Opel could use one of those...

OK, so now the question of the hour -- it seems a lot of 1750 and 2000
components are interchangable. Not all, but it sure does seem like a lot.

If that's the case, could this be the foundation of 2000 turbo kit? Would
the turbo, plumbing, and intake I'm assuming (not exactly sure where the
turbo feeds) from this fit a 2000?

Greg