Re: 164 mechanical tensioner procedures

Richard Welty wrote:
 i have a mechanical tensioner to replace the old one. i have a cardisc for
the early 164. all the procedures look like procedures for the old
hydraulic tensioner. i've been going through the technical bulletins on the
car disc, but have yet to find one relating to the mechanical tensioner.
can anyone advise on where to find that information?
Make sure you find the tech bulletin that tells you which diety to pray to, in order to ward off a failure of said mechanical tensioner.

I checked the timing on my new 164S this morning... The rear bank was 1 tooth off, so I pulled the mechanical tensioner. Sure enough it had a broken outer spring, exactly like the one I removed from my Verde in July.

It's static tensioners for all my V6s.

PS: Anyone have an old hydrualic tensioner they'd like to sell?

--Mark