164 front motor mount tweak

Hmm, I was curious about the observation that the rear mount for a 164 will
fit in the front.

Having a handy gutted 164 L out back, I pulled a stock rear mount from stock
and sure enough, it fits in the hole with a little wiggle. Holes line up
nice...

BUT, sadly, the moving part of the metal base of the mount sits firmly on the
subframe, so I can only surmise that the car will have pretty heavy NVH with
the motor indirectly resting on the subframe.

I suppose if you were so motivated, you could cut out the hole in the subframe
big enough to accomodate it, but if you're going to go through all that, you
might as well just buy the original.

Anyone have other experience?

Bill

[demime 0.99c.7 removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of Notebook.jpg]