RE: V8 in a spider

Indeed you listed a bunch of reasons, you gave a very general view of
factory car builders, and you pointed out only the faults in certain cars.

Now, look at the tangible reasons not to do this.  Like ultimate
drivability.   What it would take to make this car drivable is enormous.
The project goes far beyond bolting in a motor.  There is a point of
diminishing returns.   Which, speaking to your last point, is neither
innovative, breakthrough, or serves a purpose like other car makers who have
built in their garage.   In short, this guy is no Carroll Shelby or Harley
Earl.    So what purpose does this project serve?   To prove it can be done?
I think many of us on this list could do it.   There are several here that
can turn a wrench, have a pretty good understanding of automotive mechanics,
and can weld.   And I suspect the outcome would be similarly undrivable.
Geniuses like Shelby, Fusi, Satta and Ferrari are few and far between.

The car builders you refer to are not always looking to the performance
market.    Believe it or not, some people actually buy cars to get around.
They don't care about engine displacement.  And there's nothing wrong with
that.   Comparing this guy apples to apples with performance designers and
builders he is a shade tree wannabe.    Could you seriously imagine one of
the designers/builders we respect even trying something like this?   Not
likely.

In short, there is a monumental difference between mechanic and engineer.
This project is ill conceived by a mechanic who thinks he's an engineer.
And it will be an expensive lump of metal in the end.  But indeed, the V8
will be in (what's actually left of) an Alfa Spider.   And if that's the
goal, its no small feat but no major accomplishment.

-Peter