re:short springs question

Last year, the '82 spider had stock springs and red Konis.  At 70mph
every dip in the road was causing sparks to come out from under the car.
The oil drain plug was being ground into a wedge (luckily, there was
enough of it left to get a wrench on!).

We put on the IAP street/performance springs.  Yes, they were way shorter
than the stock springs we removed,  but now, the car rarely bottoms out.
The only scrapes that we got on the 'Best Roads of Texas Tour' were due
to the after market cat converter that hangs lower than the stock one.
The oil drain plug is fine.

joel lewis

houston,tx