Re[2]: administrivia: test

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003 18:24:59 -0400 (EDT) Richard Welty <rwelty@domain.elided> wrote:
> > conversion of old digests will remain an
> > open issue, to be addressed as time permits.

> i have devised a very simple script that converts digests into web
> archives. i'm rebuilding the archive of v9 even as we speak, and will
> start working my way through over time. v9 is going to take a while.

early in the rebuild of v9, i realized that it is absurdly huge. given that
v7 never existed, and v8 contained exactly one digest full of my test
messages, i've made an arbitrary usability decision. i'm going to split v9
approximately into thirds and put 1/3 into v7, 1/3 into v8, and 1/3 into
v9.

the ftp archives will continue to reflect the actual numbering of the
digests as they came out.

richard