E36 Blower Motor Removal

I am trying to replace the blower motor in my '94 325i and have been able to disassemble my way down to the blower motor itself. However, now I'm stuck as to how to remove the retaining strap that keeps the motor in place. The Bentley manual just says to remove it with no pictures, a lot of help there. Does anybody have experience getting this out? I see the tab at the bottom of the strap which I thought would just pop off, but I can't seem to get it to unhook. I wanted to make sure I was pulling in the right spot to get the strap off before I continue and possibly break something. TIA.

Kyle