[bmw] RE: UUC Lightweight Flywheel Installation

Frank,

I recently installed the same setup on my '96 328is.  Here are a few
comments from me.

Be absolutly POSITIVE you have the correct pressure plate.  Tell your
supplier you want the Sach's unit as mentioned on UUC's page.  Here it is

'91 - '93 E34 M5 parts required.
BMW part # 21 21 2 226 428 (complete clutch kit)
VERY IMPORTANT: some parts vendors have been
supplying the wrong clutch components.  Specify
Sachs part number KF777-01.
Pressure plate should be marked "3082 147 238"

Other parts fit, but there are some clearance issues once you get it all
back together.

Here is my page on the install.
http://www.rose-hulman.edu/~smithm3/mods/clutch/index.htm

Good luck and feel free to email me with any questions.

Matthew C Smith
'96 Hellrot 328is