[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

misc questions about '73 2002 tii's

There's a '73 2002tii that I'm thinking of buying, and I have a few
questions.
First what is the normal idle speed on these cars? It was idling around
750 but felt a little low. It's easy enough to fix if that's actualy the
poblem but I'm just wondering if it's something else.
Second, it seemed like there might have been some kind of linkage problem
with the trans. For what I've heard it seems like it's usualy not a big
deal. Is this true?
Other then that it was great. Only one or two rust spots on the fenders.
Solid spare-tire well, and shock towers. And was painted about 4 years
ago (still looks good, except for the few rust spots).
When I took it for a spin the steering wheel shook a good deal, the guy
selling it said he thought it was the bushings, and that he was going to
replace them before he'd sell it. Since I now drive a car with 68HP, I
didn't know how hard you could push the tii. After I was done driving it,
the guy selling it showed me what it really could do (WOW!).
The engine's been partialy rebuilt, and the fuel-injector pump has been
rebuilt. Reletivly new ANSA exaust (not what I would have chosen, but not
all that bad). And as I said it was painted about 4 years ago.
So hopefully I'll soon be the owner of a nice round-tail-light (yeah!) tii.