[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 auto trany problem

The transmission in this car is driving me NUTS! The car has 120k miles
and the trany has been rebuilt at a great expense for the second time
about 4 weeks ago. Now the same problem that plagued the first rebuild
showed up again. When first starting the car in the morning the car will
not move, i.e. the trany will not engage any gears. I then let the car
idle for about 30 seconds to 1 minute and then reselect D or R and the
transmission engages just fine. I have already spent 3500 on the two
rebuilds and I'm getting real tired. I will take the car back to the
shop and have them look at it but if anybody knows what might be causing
this please let me know. The previous trany failure started out with the
same symptoms after the warranty expired :-( and I lived with it for over
a year when it finally died. Now this second rebuild is starting to act
up in the same way. HELP.

Andreas Meyer