[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Thoughts on the BMW list changes...

Steve Bernstein ponders the changes evident in the Internet... and
to this list..

>The problems aren't solely evident on the BMW list.  This is an Internet
>problem, and the BMW list is simply another casualty, a statistic.  I'm
>not suggesting that we can solve it ourselves. I'm just noting how the
>list has lost some of its attraction for me, which may explain why I'm not
>posting so much right now.  But this can change - I finally found a new
>(to me) car... 8^)
>
>Have great holidays.  Surf gently.  And please wear your seatbelt.
>
>Regards,
> .steve.
>1983 528e, 232k miles
>1987 528e, 73k miles (soon, hopefully)

Steve.. congrats!! An almost *new* E28!! (and the 528e actually idles!).

As far as this list - I have to admit that I don't reply or comment anywhere
near as much as I did when it came as seperate messages. I don't have enough
time to really do the cut-and-pasting that would be required, unless it
is really a plea for help that I think I could help on, or something I
have (rarely ;-> ) a strong opinion on.

If I do something I think the list would be interested in, I will probably
write it up and mail it in - but the sense of "now" is gone for me in
digest form.

I am VERY active on the BMW-moto list - probably 'cause it is still a
message based list, plus I have been tinkering more with F/C than
BOHICA (who got even with me last week... was working on improving the
charging system on F/C - so the same night, BOHICA crapped out on
starting. Found the negative battery connection had never been tightened
properly when the last battery was installed. Cranks a WHOLE lot faster
now! - but it shows these damn things do get jealous!).

Anyway - I suspect I'd be more active (I grab snatches of time to do mail..
sorta when one computer is busy doing something, I'll turn to one of the
other ones and do mail) if we were back in mail format, but certainly
can't blame Joe for not wanting to loose his job over this list.

Best.. and congrats again - post the details on the '87!

Don Eilenberger (dje@domain.elided)
  '79 R65 FrankenCycle - der Beemer
  '87 535i BOHICA      - der Bimmer
  '75 25' Hunter       - das Boot