[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

325 Mileage

>From: m_thompson@domain.elided (Michael Thompson)
>Subject: Re: E36 325is MPG
>>From: "Guillermo S. Christensen" <gchriste@domain.elided>
>>...Snip
>>Since buying my 325is last year, I have averaged around 20 mpg according to
>>the OBC.  My regular spot checks based on mileage driven/gas pumped show
>>that I tend to get around 16-18 mpg for city driving, and around 22-23 mpg
>>for highway driving (65-70mph avg). How does this compare with other owners
>>of this model?
>>...Snip
>
>I have a '93 325iS with the Sport and the bun warmer packages.
>If I keep the car below 70MPH on the highway, which is almost impossible, I
>can get 32MPG. At 70-75MPH I average 31MPG.  For city driving I average
>25MPG.  The average for the last 2 years according to the OBC is 25MPG.
>
>I would say that you have something seriously wrong.

I wouldn't be so fast to say that.  My experience has been about the
same as Guillermo's with my 92 325is.  It is possible that there are
regional differences in gas.  In good old CA we run oxygenated fuel
which is good for a 10% reduction in MPG (at least that was what I was
told)

Jim
- --
"We will encourage you to develop the three great  | Jim Patterson
virtues of a programmer: laziness,impatience and   | jhp@domain.elided (play)
hubris"  Larry Wall                                | jhp@domain.elided (work)