[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Service advice ???

Hi,

I have just experienced a great dealer service from BMW.  I have
attached the letter below and is seeking advice.

What should I do next ??

Regards

Cecil

Email: cecil.pang@domain.elided

- ----- Begin Included Message -----

December 12, 1994

Customer Service Manager
BMW Canada Inc.
920 Champlain Court,
Whitby, ON  L1N 6K9

Dear Manager,

I have to express my concern about the quality of the service that your
dealer provides.

Today, I brought my 92 model BMW to the BC dealer Auto West Ltd. for a
complete windshield glass replacement due to stone damage.  I dropped
off my car at 9:00 am and was promised that the car would be ready by
4:00 pm.

At 3:30 pm I was notified that the car was ready.  I picked up the car
and on my way home I realized that the wind noise was very serious.  I
drove back to the dealer and complained about the problem.

Instead of fixing the problem on the spot I was asked to bring my car
myself to the dealers sub-contractor who actually did the replacement.
At the sub-contractors shop my car was tested with water. The result
was scary -  3 spots on the windshield was found leaking! The
windshield was never mounted properly and never tested before delivery.
The sub-contractor tried to rectify the problem, but in doing so the
molding was damaged by them.  I was assured by the sub-contractor that
the molding would be replaced free of charge and I was asked to drive
my car back home first and wait until a new molding to arrive and I
then would be called to the shop to fix it.

When I got into my car I found the shop had cracked the windshield as
well while repairing it!  I drove the car back to the dealer and it
took me 45 minutes before I could talk to the Service Manager Mr. Pete
Sargent.  Then I was told that I had to drive my car with the broken
windshield and without the molding as they could not provide me with a
courtesy car!

Today I lost 6 hours due to a simple windshield change.  I brought the
car in with a cracked windshield and took my car back with a cracked
windshield and lost my windshield moldings. Luckily enough, it wasnt
snowing on my way back!

I was not given any apologies and was not given any definite time and
date for the problem to be fixed.

As a very disappointed BMW car owner, I would like to see BMW Canada
Inc. being involved to rectify the problem ASAP.

Your truly,

- ----- End Included Message -----