[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

e28 micro switch mystery

Steve G queries..

>From: sgerhardt@domain.elided
>Date: Tue, 27 Dec 1994 08:21:05 -0800
>Subject: e28 micro switch
>
>The car in question is an 87 535is.  When I had the drivers side door
>panel off the other day, I noticed a small switch that is activated
>by lifting the exterior door latch.  What is this switch for?  If it
>is not for activating the door lock heater, how is the heater activated?
>
>Thanks,    Steve G.     sgerhardt@domain.elided

Yep - it's the switch for the lock heater (which it has never
been clear to me works on BOHICA..).  Gonna check that some
day. Too bad BMW didn't ALSO use this switch to turn on the
interior lights (with the 15 second delay you get on turnoff
when shutting the door).. my last few Supra's had this - and
it's very nice at night to light up the inside of the car
BEFORE opening the door (if y'all are afraid of the boogyman).
Would seem not TOO difficult to kludge up.. gonna think about
this also.. once I get around to checking out the lock heater
(luckily ALL the locks work from ONE lock - so when the driver's
lock is frozen - and I loose patience waiting for the lock
heater - I just work my way around the car. Usually the trunk
one is not frozen.)

Don Eilenberger (dje@domain.elided)
  '79 R65 FrankenCycle - der Beemer
  '87 535i BOHICA      - der Bimmer