[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Euro renting/driving

Luan Doan-Minh writes about being scared when passing trucks in the rain....

And there is a real concern here:

I found myself going around a truck in Italy on the autostrada in the rain....
moving along at a reasonable clip for the conditions....the truck was
going unreasonably fast....and then I saw a sign that said my lane ended
in 800 meters...or some such....and with this big truck on my right in
heavy rain at 80mph or so I was trying to figure out how far 800 meters
might be....and whether I was likely to get around the truck before 800
meters or not.

The moral, of course, is that its a different environment altogether.

Robert D. Baron / Oklahoma City / baron@domain.elided