[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Water in oil pan, how to clean?

Since this is the only auto digest group I use...

I have a friend who has a 3.8L Continental (sorry its not a bimmer question)
who had a head gasket go on one side of the V-6.  The coolant is mixed with
the oil, no oil in the coolant.  Anyway, what's the best and most reasonable
ways to make sure he gets the oil compartment clean?  Should he mix diesel
with the oil and let it run for 10-15 mins and then replace the oil a couple
of times after running it for an hour or so before the next change?
or, should he just replace the oil a couple times, letting it run for an hour
or so before the next change?
Are there any other internal engine cleaners that work wonders for this type
of situation?

Thanks guys...
Vince Bia  Colo Spgs
'87 735iA   105K miles