[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

3M Paint Protector

At a recent auto-x, saw an M3 sporting a transparent tape applied accross
the front portion of the hood to protect it from stone chips (several of
which have begun decotating my hood after only one driving school). The
fellow mentioned that it was a standard 3M product. I have had no luck
finding that particular product. The closest thing is a 2" wide tape
marketed for the same purpose, which I did purchase but have not used yet.
The 3M product is apparently sold in sheets. Thus, it can be cut to fit
instead of using several strips of the tape I got. The stuff looked very
much like the stoneguards used by Porsche, but thinner.

Does anyone out there know where I can get this material?

Thanks,

Rolando A. Saldana
OFFICE 619-658-2645
FAX 619-651-8958