[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[Fwd: 57000 miles on 85 535i]

Date: Wed, 24 Jul 1996 21:52:04 +0000
From: henri baccouche <henri@domain.elided>
To: thomas@domain.elided
Subject: 57000 miles on 85 535i

dear thomas : 57,000 miles : are there any oil leaks around the front
crankshaft seal? (look for black mud around crank pulley)
any small oil drips around the rear main crankshaft seal?
Is the themostat housing slightly or severely corroded ?
(remove some of the hoses with the tool kit and look inside the
aluminium housing)
Briefly, with that supposedly low mileage there shouldn't be any oil
leaks from those seals.... and if the mileage is true then it's very
possible that there could be severe internal corrosion from sitting
around with out being serviced.
Lastly, my mother told me never buy a car from a pawn shop.....

sincerely,

henri baccouche