[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

E30 valve adjustment

For those veterans who have been thru a few DIY valve adjustments, does cold
adj. or hot adj. seem to work better? I live where the ambient temp is quite
warm most of the year. I guess that with warmer air,that more air is needed
for the most complete combustion so should I make them slightly loose on the
intake side?I have the "i" engine. no mods except K&N filter and unknown
chip.(no marks and PO bought it)
For the chemists out there, What does octane boost *DO* to gasoline? without
any serious data, my car seems to like the few times I've added boost to the
tank of 93 octane. very smooth and quick accelerating compared to the gas
W/O booster. Although the bottle says "`safe for all gasoline engines" what
detriments could be seen other than loss of $$ to buy the stuff?
Sean