[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: E36 Limited Slip & Traction

>>Just noticed that the '96 M3 has the limited slip as well as traction
 control.  I have long been a fan of limited slip for performance
 reasons but because of winter drive- ablity and safety reasons, I
 opted for Traction in my '94 325is and my current 328. I guess the big
 question is: Now that the M3's got both, is the transformation do-able
 for my 328? Nothing like having
that cake and eating it too.  Has anyone out there with ASC in their
 E36 explored an LSD upgrade that preserves the ASC's functionality.
 Any idea about $$$

Yes, Tom, this is possible.  I'm in the process of working on an
 article (Hello, Holly are you out there?  Did you get my e-mail?) with
 a member of our chapter on exactly what is involved.  She had this
 done and the approximate cost was about $375.  $250 for LSD, $25 for
 shipping and $100 to install.  I believe the unit came from Korman.

Armand Aquino
BMW CCA Board Member
Genesee Valley Chapter
Newsletter Editor