[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: E36 wipers and blade mark

Tom,

> From: NewtMan@domain.elided
> Date: Thu, 15 Aug 1996 16:16:22 -0400
> Subject: What really bothers me about the E36 - the Wipers!

> This might sound funny, but I'm really serious about this.... For any of
> you that live in areas where it rains from time to time, did you ever
> notice how the passenger side wiper blade on an E36 ends its stroke
> DIRECTLY in front of your line of vision before it sweeps back across
> the windshield.

> I find that the "wiper line" creates an annoying eyestrain and feeling
> that I'm almost cross-eyed after extended drives in the rain.

> As you can see this drives me absolutely bonkers!  I tried buying new
> wiper blades and they invariably begin leaving that "line" in the
> windshield after the very next rain.

Solution: Rain-X.

You use your wipers less since the water just beads away when driving.
Only downside to Rain-X is that the first time you use it (make sure you
bon ami your windshield so that it's clean! <grin>), the effects of
watching the water droplets fly off can be quite "mesmerizing" ....

Regards,

- --
 Tay Systems Research            David Tay (BMW CCA #130574 '95 318ti)
 3554 Chain Bridge Road, #100  tsr@domain.elided CompuServe: 74213,2471
 Fairfax, VA 22030-2709, USA      Tel. 703/760-9022 - Fax 703/893-1154