[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

<misc>RE:Ultimate E30 M3 street car

     GREAT drivability, GOOD/GREAT performance, GOOD maintainability:

     Engine: Stock or add chip, oil pan baffle

     Suspension: Stock or Eibach/H&R springs, Bilstein Sports, add .5-1.0
     degree negative camber.

     Brakes: Stock or Metal Master pads, brake ducts in place of fog
     lights!!  . . . stock up on extra fr MM if tracked alot (rotors do
     fine, damn pads go AWAY)

     Tires: ZR Streets, stock or 225/50-15, or Yok A008

     MORE Drivability, MORE Performance:

     Engine: 2.5 l

     LESS Drivability, MORE Performance:

     Suspension: Gruppe N springs/shocks, bigger dia. sway bars, dial in at
     least -2 degrees fr, -2.5+ rr camber

     Wheels/Tires: Street: 16 or 17x7.5,8, lower profile tires. Track: BFG
     R1's

     Brakes: CC, PF, Hawk . . . stock up on extra rotors if tracked alot

     MORE Performance, LESS Maintainability (?):

     Engine: Turner, ERT, or other Supercharger !

     Drivetrain: Beefier clutch, 75% LSD . . .

     Brakes: Step up to larger dia rotors to stop the beast now that it
     really flies . . .

     Just my .02, there's a lot that can be done, many mods offer good
     bang/buck. YMMV. Me ? I'd do all the above and still use it to get
     groceries.

     Bob T
     '90 M3